profile friends art refresh follow

This is a personal blog. You'll find all sorts of things about me here, from stories of my mundane everyday life to my adventures on different parts of the world. I especially love going to cafes, taking pictures of them, and talking about them. :)

Thanks for dropping by!
♥ Irene

▶ All photos belong to me unless otherwise stated. Please do not take without permission, thank you!

Credits
Template was made by
Miichiko. Thanks to Pixel-diary for the cute pixels and icons.


Visit to the cat cafe
Friday, March 15, 2013 | 0 comments
When I said I wanted to go to a lot of cafes in Taipei, the cat cafe was top of my list. The first time I entered a cat cafe was in Fukuoka, Japan, and I've been wanting to go again since! So I found this cat cafe on google called Minimal Cafe. It was pretty much in the middle of nowhere, so I decided to go on a weekend so I had time to get lost.



Once I found the place, a lot of people were already waiting outside. I went in anyway, hoping they would have a table for one, free, but the waitress told me that there is a queue and it will take about an hour before my turn. Since the area was 'pretty much in the middle of nowhere', I had no where else to go, so I quietly waited along with the others.


Random cat waiting with the customers.

5 rounds of Candy Crush and 3 games of Freecell later, I was finally able to get in! When I got to my seat, 3 cats had already beaten me to it.

1, 2


and 3!




They didn't really do much, they were just asleep 80% of the time I was there.


Cat & cappuccino & chocolate walnut cake


& Pizza bread w/ Tuna! I was really hungry okkkk.

More pictures:

















Their cats are all quite old (around maybe 2+ years old), but they're all up for adoption! I wanted so much to adopt one, but maybe next time when I move to an apartment.



I pleasantly spent an hour and a half inside, eating slowly, taking pictures, and watching other people play with their temporary pet cats. I really enjoyed myself and I can't wait to come back! Definitely taking my friends here when they visit! <3

It's been a dream of mine to open a cat cafe in the Philippines, but I'm not so sure it will do very well in a country that already has way too many cats out in the streets. I'm still hoping to try though!

Side story:
On my way home, I was confident I knew which bus I was going to ride. The problem was, no matter how long I waited, my bus just never came. Fortunately (or not..), I overheard a Filipina talking! She was a care taker, I assumed, because she was with this really old Taiwanese couple. I approached her and talked to her for a bit, then I explained to her my situation. After I did, she just had this annoyed look on her face and said "just ride the mrt.." and left. So disappoint! I didn't even know where the mrt station was! Disheartened, I decided to just randomly ask anyone for directions. So I approached this Taiwanese girl, who I later found out was called Sabrina, to ask about why my bus was taking so long. She explained to me that this certain bus only traveled until 4pm and advised me to take the mrt. She gave me directions to get there and left me her phone number, telling me to call her if I needed help with anything else as well! I swear, it has never happened, that I ask a Taiwanese for directions, and all they say is "I don't know".  They always either try to ask someone else, or help me look for someone who can speak English. Taiwanese might be my favorite people now haha! ; u ; <3

FUTURE
PAST